Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It works!!!

After I've finalized my tube filaments VRs and tweaked my PSU (by-passed second RC resistors and lowered first RC resistors), I got it playing!!! Hurrray! I added some images to the Picasa Web gallery.

Things to be done:
- make tweaks final
- check Digital board volages (they really should be +/-5V)
- "nicefly" all together
- test w/ battery power supply for DAC analogue section
- solid state (JFET) output stage


Sunday, July 1, 2007

AN DAC Kit arrived

It arrived. Yes... after a month of waiting it finally did.

Here are some of pictures (package and a building process) with comments.

I did not manage to built it during the weekend - firstly I had some problems with the power supply board (I switched 200V and 40 diodes - you might guess what happened) and this took me a few hours to figure it out, but I did a PhD from the PS board :)

Now I have to build a 7805/7905 regulator for the tube filaments, but I ran out of 7905s. Tomorrow...

I hope to get this DAC working ASAP.


P.S. I decided to go with the battery power supply at least for the digital PCB. I will also try solid state (JFET) output stage, of course battery powered.

Waiting for the AN DAC Kit

While waiting for the hit I did lots of research on power supplies (you can find lots of useful info here Zero Distortion).

I've also found out that class-D design power amplifier became quite good nowdays (for sure I do not want to have class-A owen at home). Especially, Hypex moules. I might build one of those (UCD400HG based).

Take care,